- The first step is to see your eye care professional and have a comprehensive vision exam. Seeing 20/20 does not always mean that your eyes are healthy.
- Always wear sun protection that is UV protecting.
- Eating green leafy vegetables has been proven to be very healthy for our eyes.
- During sporting activities, protect your eyes by using impact resistant eyewear; it could save your eyes from permanent damage.
- Many vitamins and supplements can also help maintain good eye health.
- Give your eyes a break throughout out the day by using the 20-20-20 rule.
All these options can be discussed with you at your visit.
Know your family history; many eye diseases are hereditary and it puts you at higher risk. Many eye diseases are not detectable by you, many have no pain or decrease in vision until it is too late. A comprehensive eye exam is the only way to detect and monitor many eye diseases.
Here at Helena Eye Clinic we have a great professional team to help you take care of your eyes so that you can enjoy the gift of sight for a lifetime. We have state of the art equipment to aid us in diagnosing and monitoring your eyes. Dr. Wilkerson and Dr. Rioux and their team are here for the whole family.